All children deserve basic rights and freedoms. A fair share of society’s resources must be devoted to ensuring this. While families are responsible for raising their children, all levels of government, in partnership with communities, have a duty to support families by putting the health and well-being of children first.
All children in Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph have a right to:
- a quality of life that meets their physical, intellectual, emotional, spiritual and social needs.
- have basic needs met including nutritious food, a healthy environment and a safe and comfortable place to live.
- access quality and aff ordable child care, early education programs and/ or parenting support.
- safe places and time to play, and access to affordable recreational activities.
- quality education to enable them to reach their full potential.
- quality time with their families and/or other nurturing and positive role models throughout their childhood.
- protection from neglect, abuse and exposure to family violence.
- be accepted for who they are, and believe what they want without being discriminated against.
- quality of life . time to play . acceptance . quality of education . safe places . positive nurturing . quality time