Family and Children’s Services of Guelph and Wellington County (FCSGW) is a caring network of staff, volunteers, foster families and adopting families who look out for the well-being of the children, youth and families who live in the City of Guelph and the County of Wellington County.
We are a charitable, non-profit organization that is legislated and primarily funded by the provincial Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services. We are often known as the Children’s Aid Society.
The video below will help you better understand child welfare in Ontario.
We provide help and support services for families to ensure that children and youth are protected from physical and emotional abuse or neglect. We currently receive funding for the following services:
- investigating allegations of child abuse and neglect
- protecting children and youth when they are at risk of harm
- covering basic living costs for children and youth who have been placed in foster care or who have moved to an independent living situation
- targeted adoption subsidies
- we use fundraised dollars to cover everything else that is needed to ensure child safety
FCSGW is committed to delivering programs and services that are respectful, accessible and relevant to all members of our community, regardless of race, ancestry, colour, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or financial means.
Children and Youth in Guelph and Wellington County are safe and nurtured by loving families, lasting relationships, and supportive communities.
Together with children, youth, families, and communities we work respectfully and inclusively for the safety and well-being of children and youth.
Voices of Children and Youth
Learning and Innovation
Equity and Inclusivity