Who We Are
Family and Children’s Services of Guelph and Wellington County (FCSGW) is a caring network of staff, volunteers, foster families and adopting families who look out for the well-being of the children who live in the Guelph and Wellington County area. We are a charitable, non-profit organization that is legislated and primarily funded by the provincial Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services.
We provide help and support services for families to ensure that children are protected from physical and emotional abuse or neglect. We currently receive funding for the following services:
- investigating allegations of child abuse and neglect
- protecting children and youth when they are at risk of harm
- covering basic living costs for children and youth who have been placed in foster care or who have moved to an independent living situation
- targeted adoption subsidies
- we use fundraised dollars to cover everything else that is needed to ensure child safety
FCSGW is committed to delivering programs and services that are respectful, accessible and relevant to all members of our community, regardless of race, ancestry, colour, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or financial means.
Guelph-Wellington is a supportive community where children and youth are safe. secure and nurtured in permanent loving families.
Our mission is to work together with children, youth, their families and the community for the safety and well being of children and youth.
- the right of children and youth to be safe and secure
- the diversity of families
- positive spaces that are inclusive
- professional practice that beings with a strength-based approach
- an open and transparent organization
- innovation and creativity
- social justice and the importance of advocacy
- working together to create a positive change in our community
In Guelph and Wellington County, we are just one of many organizaitons in the community who have partnered together to ensure that families have the supports and resources they need to keep their children safe. Find out who is a part of our local support network here.
Interested in working with us?
Explore different opportunities to work with Family and Children’s Services of Guelph and Wellington County and make a difference in the lives of children, youth and families in our community. We offer rewarding career options and invaluable experiences to those who volunteer with us.