We are seeking foster parents who live in Guelph and Wellington County for our Enhanced Foster Care Program for children and youth ages 10+.
The Enhanced Adoption Program is specifically for community members with a post-secondary degree or diploma in a child-related discipline (requirements below). For our standard adoption program that most community members would apply for, please visit our adoption page.
We are looking for the following qualifications:
- Must live in Guelph or Wellington County
- Ability to provide trauma informed care to up to 2 unrelated children and youth (or in the case of siblings – up to 4 siblings in your home; experience supporting children with complex needs and their families/cultural communities is an asset
- Understanding of grief and loss and the impact of trauma on the development of children and youth (and you as a caregiver)
- At least one caregiver in the home must have a post secondary degree or diploma in a related discipline such as Social Work, Child & Youth Care, Social Services Worker, Nursing, PSW (other relevant degrees/diplomas and experience may be considered)
- At minimum one stay at home caregiver is required
- Ability to form trusting and supportive relationships is essential as well as work as part of the child and family’s network and service team
- Must have a drivers license and be able to drive children and youth placed with you to their appointments/school etc.
- Must support equity in services and supporting the identities of children, youth and their families which includes ethnic diversity as well as 2SLGBTQ+ children and youth
- Be able to complete a home study and training program prior to approval as well as attend ongoing training which includes child welfare checks, police checks, medical reference, and personal references
- Competitive tax-free financial compensation for care provided to children and youth which is an all inclusive per diem of $114.80 a day for each child or youth placed with you (up to 2 placements).
- Training opportunities
- Foster Care Worker Support
- One to One support
- Individualized Wellness Support
We encourage applicants from all ethnic and religious backgrounds and from all gender identities and from our 2SLGBTQ+ community to connect with us to learn more about the next steps in becoming a caregiver with FCSGW’s Foster Enhanced program.
Email us at email@example.com to learn more or call us at 519-824-2410 and ask to speak to a
Foster Care Initial Inquiry worker.