Call us anytime, day or night: 1-800-265-8300 or 519-824-2410
Help support our Children First Fund

Do You Have a Concern or Complaint?

We can solve almost any problem by talking. Talking things through usually leads to greater understanding and builds a stronger relationship.

If you have a concern or complaint, let your worker know directly that you are not feeling good about something and clearly explain the issue. If you are not happy with your worker’s response, you can contact your worker’s manager. If you continue to have concerns or a complaint, ask to speak with the worker’s Director of Service. You are also welcome to reach out if you are not sure whom to speak with.

When you call, please be prepared to provide your worker’s name and/or any other details necessary to help us connect you with the right individual. Call us at 519-824-2410, extension 4112, or 1-800-265-8300, extension 4112.

Most complaints that we receive are resolved informally using the above approaches. However, if your complaint cannot be resolved informally below is a summary of how to make a formal complaint. For more details please read our Feedback and Complaints brochure.

Formal Complaints

You can make a formal complaint if talking to your worker, manager, or Director of Service is not resolving your concern. The Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services created these review processes to be fair and objective to help you address your concerns.

The first way to make a formal complaint is to put your complaint in writing and mail it to us at 275 Eramosa Road, Box 1088, Guelph N1H 6N3 or you can drop it off. You may also download the Ministry form “Formal Complaint to a Society’s Internal Complaints Review Panel (ICRP)“.

You can also make a complaint through the provincial Child and Family Services Review Board (CFSRB). You can get the forms you need from the CFSRB at or you can call them at 1-888-777-3616.

The Ontario Ombudsman has the authority to investigate complaints about services to children and youth in care. You can find more information at

You can find more details on the above processes by reading our Feedback and Complaints brochure.

If you have any questions please call us at
519-824-2410, extension 4112 or
1-800-265-8300, extension 4112.